For what I've learned, I better use a sample pic to show the differences. I'll start with one of the pics I did with the older, simpler style:
|You might have seen this one on VSPAR's blog already.|
First and foremost, I took the pic and updated the shaders to use something like what I was using for Violet's game, and ended up with a pic that had one big flaw and some small ones:
|I don't know what's up with the floor there, though|
After a bit of looking around, I found out what I think was a fix for the dark faces problem, added it, and... Well, at least the face wasn't dark anymore.
|It looks better, yet completely different|
Mostly saying that because on another test I did, the results were a lot closer to what I expected to see:
Left: Without the fixing. Right: With the fixing.
It's noticeable yet doesn't change much. (Full picture not shown because it's pretty uninteresting)
So it's basically what I wanted to manage to do and looks close to what I was seeing before.
All that said, thanks for coming by. Still working on Violet's game here, but still nothing that I feel worth showing.